Postponing an eventAprile 9, 2020
Second wedding bon tonMaggio 11, 2020
Open the doors of your wardrobe and start detox with our fashion tips. No, we don’t want to explain how to do it, but what to choose: 7 moves with the list of basic items to have, the hot pieces to buy … and what to do with the items we no longer want.
For months, not to say years, every morning, trying to understand how to dress to leave the house, we always say the same phrases: «Enough! This weekend I’m going to put the whole closet in place “, or ” It is not possible, I never have anything to wear. ”
And, let’s face it, we also know that having nothing to put on is a total lie, because our wardrobes are overflowing with clothes and accessories, which sometimes we also find it hard to remember having bought. Who’s fault? the fast fashion? the fashion that changes every six months and yes, the therapeutic power of shopping.
So, the time has come to stand in front of our closet, roll up our sleeves and start.
And no, we don’t want to tell you what guru Marie Kondo has already done best. The author of best-sellers such as The Magical Power of Tidying up, which has also become Netflix series, has explained to us very well how to arrange living spaces with the aim of improving the quality of our life.
We just want to help you in the macro selection based on the seasonal trends, the must-haves to have absolutely and, not least, to remind you how important it is to properly dispose of the garments that we no longer want.
READY? GET COMFORTABLE AND GET STARTED
- Pull everything out and place it on the bed.
First tip: start early in the morning so you don’t risk sleeping on the sofa.
Second tip: try to separate the clothes by category, so you will have a real overview.
- Now is the moment of truth.
That is, be sincere with ourselves. An example: that stretch sequin dress that we bought ten years ago for the sparkling party, did you remember? How cute, it still makes us smile. Yes, but it is probably no longer the case to wear it (ten years have passed for us too). I’m not saying it would be bad, but it is probably right that now I go to illuminate the closet of some other girl who has not yet had the thrill of participating in all the glittering parties that we have already experienced. Here it is. Let’s put it aside. And we continue like this …
- Password: to rationalize.
White t-shirts, for example, how many do we have? At least 15, but look at them carefully: some have turned yellow, others have holes and others are made of cotton that does not allow the skin to breathe. This is where the selection starts. We only keep well-preserved ones and 100% cotton. And we eliminate the fit that we don’t like to wear, those with uncomfortable sleeves etc etc. (you know very well what I’m talking about). This reasoning must be done with all clothes. We only give a chance to what we really love and make us feel comfortable.
- The basics that cannot be missing.
Once you have made your selection, you can now make a list of what you have, what you are missing and run for cover.
- Trench coat, classic coat, blazer. They are the evergreen outerwear that you will use forever.
- Pull: round neck, V-neck, high collar, cardigan. The rule of well-maintained applies, without dots and holes.
- T-shirt, as mentioned above, certainly. White, black and gray, they are a passe-partout.
- Shirts: a little big, one size bigger. White, striped, cotton and linen. Super chic.
- Jeans: the model that gives you the most you already know, keep the one in three colors / washes.
- Black dress: yes, the little black dress is the key piece of any self-respecting wardrobe.
- Leather & Co. Whatever they are, they are handed down from generation to generation and do not go out of style. Let’s keep them with care.
- Spring trends: let’s find ourselves ready and fully dressed! Browse the gallery above to see them.
Do you already have any of these items in the closet? Very good, it means that in your shopping sessions you have also managed to read in the future. If not, no problem: online shopping will meet us.
- Shirt Jacket: yes the shirt is the new jacket. We will wear it over clothes and jeans for the first aperitifs in the open air.
- Balloon sleeves: exaggerated and funny, choose them for dresses or blouses that will remind us of how important it is to take life with joy.
- Flowers: pure avant-garde. As Miranda Presley said of Il Diavolo wears Prada. Choose them small and retro. But plants too will be the protagonists, in the tropicana style. And, please, wear them as J. Lo would do (do you remember the Versace runway release?).
- Polka dots: they are a great classic. Every spring they come back to the fore, so they are an investment purchase. Do you remember the polka dots look of Vivian / Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman? Unforgettable.
- White, white and still white. You will wear it in spring, summer and if you are really cool also in autumn and winter. Clear the message?
- Lilac. This is probably why you are not ready yet, unless you find a micro cardigan or a dress that survived the nineties in some hidden corner of your wardrobe. P.Š. all pastel shades are welcome.
- Suit jacket pants. Let’s find ourselves perfect when we all go back to work, it will be a bit like the first day of school.
- Tie & Dye. Other than hippie, this fabric dyeing technique is no longer relegated to shirts for concerts and psychedelic parties. Word of Maria Grazia Chiuri who chose it and had it paraded on Dior’s pret-à-porter catwalk.
- Jumpsuit. The one-of-a-kind piece that will solve your life, you can wear it from morning to night.
- Fluorescent colors. Just those of the highlighters, years ago we saw them invade the beaches and, let’s face it, they were not really synonymous with elegance. But since Pierpaolo Piccioli gave him a new life in Valentino’s fashion show we can say: yes, w strong colors.
- Let’s not forget pajamas, underwear and activewear.
Even if we do not normally go out with these garments in plain sight or in any case they are not the spearheads of our wardrobe does not mean that we can neglect to take care of them.
- Petticoats and nightwear sets. We make it unnecessary to eliminate unnatural fabrics. And then, useless to have a thousand, we choose the most comfortable (and the sexiest ones).
- Lingerie. Ditto as above, natural fibers and particular attention to the compositions of the materials.
- Activewear. The times when “B series” clothes were used to play sports are long gone. Now even the appointment at the park or in the gym has its style rules. This does not mean that you have to have a thousand sets but it means having the right ones. And right, even more so in this case, it means breathable fabric and high quality.
- What to do with the clothes we have set aside?
This is a very important part of our wardrobe’s detox. Finally, sustainability is catching on in every sector and we, in our small way, can make a difference.
- We do good. Let’s remember who can’t choose. Associations such as Caritas or Humana Italia that recover clothes through reuse and recycling and generating environmental and social benefits.
- Art of re-selling. Applications such as Depop, Collective Dressing, Ebay will allow you to give a second chance and a new home to the “taller” clothes and accessories that you no longer want. They will have a new life and you will have some extra money.
Let yourself be inspired by Italian Allegria!